- 1 (8.8-ounce) package whole-grain farro (Rustichella d’Abruzzo recommended)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted pecans
- 2 nice bunches fresh basil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast pecans on a cookie sheet about 8 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Combine pecans, basil, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor or mortar and pestle, adding the olive oil as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Mix the pesto into the pasta and bake in the oven until hot.
- Remove from oven, put into a serving bowl and shave Parmesan over the top.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.